Houses in Wailuku, Hawaii, are vulnerable to thunderstorms, and no other part of the house is more exposed to the damaging elements of a storm than the roof. Violent weather presents multiple hazards to homeowners that call for storm damage repairs to roof on Maui. During a storm, you will have to make sure you and your family are safe.
When the storm passes, you will have to inform your insurer about the damage to your property. Work with a professional roofing contractor when assessing damage caused by severe weather.
Avoiding Storm Chasers
By “storm chasers” we don’t mean those dudes chasing tornadoes in the Midwest, but those dudes who dupe unsuspecting homeowners after a storm. These scammers pose as contractors who appear at your doorstep after a storm and offer storm damage repairs to roof on Maui. You might fall prey to them if you desperately need to have your damaged roof repaired or replaced. Their services are often quick. They offer no roofing contract, and so you welcome the unneeded risk of letting them fix your roof.
Storm Chasers vs. Legit Roofers
Storm chasers call themselves roofers, but they don’t have any license. They’re neither listed with the Better Business Bureau nor licensed by the state. They work freelance, so they don’t have a website or a social media page, where you get to see client feedback. That means you can’t know whether they can deliver. Worse, they don’t guarantee reliable service, and you won’t be able to go to their non-existent offices or call them on their unattended phones supposing their work on storm damage repairs to roof on Maui falls apart after a week. We’ve heard such horror stories.
Why You Should Decline Storm Chasers
If you’re considering storm chasers or any unlicensed roofer to fix your roof after a storm, think about the risks.
- Storm chasers provide inferior work, which you might not notice at first. You think you’ve storm-proofed your roof until the next violent weather hits.
- These scammers don’t care about your local building code and may botch the job, prompting you to have the problem fixed again.
- Bad storm damage repairs to roof on Maui done by unlicensed contractors may revoke your roofing warranty and hurt your home insurance coverage.
- There’s a good chance an inexperienced person fixing your roof will mutilate it and worsen your headache.
- Anyone without a license who offers repair services doesn’t provide guarantee and security.
Working with a licensed roofing contractor gives you the peace of mind that you deserve. If you want to learn more about storm damage repairs to roof on Maui, call Pacific Roofing and Repair at 808-244-9412. We cater to homeowners in Wailuku, Hawai.